When Google revealed its top searches of 2018 list, it was mainly focused on pop culture.
And while that’s cool, the team really wanted to know about the hottest cybersecurity search topics of the year, so we went digging into what people in the U.S. were searching for regarding InfoSec.
Here are the rising cybersecurity superstars, in Google search, for the year:
- DHS cybersecurity strategy (off the charts increase, called a “breakout”)
- Certified Ethical Hacker, +250%
- cybersecurity conferences 2018, +250%
- cybersecurity risk assessment, +190%
- cyberinsurance, +180%
- computer security incident management, +150%
- cybersecurity infrastructure security agency, +150%
- SEC guidance on cybersecurity, +150%
- cybersecurity certificate programs, +130%
- blockchain cybersecurity, +120%
- NYDFS cybersecurity, +90%
- cybersecurity major, +80%
- women in cybersecurity, +80%
- cybersecurity threats, +60%
- cybersecurity certification, +50%
It’s particularly good to see an uptick in searches around cybersecurity majors and certification programs, given the talent shortage in the industry.
And it is also great to see the searches on women in cybersecurity rising, as well. It is evidence that the lack of women in information security is getting more attention than ever before.
This article was originally posted here and is published here with permission
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. The facts, opinions, and language in the article do not reflect the views of CISO MAG and CISO MAG does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.